Barbara Hutton, Maria Callas, Jackie Onassis, Grace Kelly, Liz Taylor, Paulette Goddard, Marlene Dietrich, the Duchess of Windsor....just some of the owners of these gobsmaking jewels....so I'm sure you get the picture...they were trés impressionnant. There was a diamond, a yellow diamond, as big as a cumquat!
Got me thinking about the colour yellow....it's so uplifting the colour yellow....happy, strong, bright and positve....and it screams "look at moi!"
And hey look at the text colour of my blog. Obviously my subconscious working there!
It was grey and misty in Paris yesterday....just perfect for sitting in a cozy bar partaking of a cup of vin chaud. In the bar opposite, a crazy yellow painting caught my eye....it was Mickey painted with that iconic Rolling Stones red tongue on a bold, yellow background. No missing Mickey....he did make me smile!
|Yellow mittens and vin chaud (mulled wine)...absolument nécessaire yesterday!|
|Can you see little Mickey in the bar opposite?|
|Holding firm...and very determined...perfect inspiration for a collagraph.|
|The glorious Tuileries....would have liked a blue sky....but who knows when we're going to|
see a blue sky again.
2. Jaune.....courtyard in Seville
3. Jaune....Amsterdam flower market
4. Jaune...our happy apartment...Berlin
5. Jaune....Lucca....pose and a pic for Chris....you asked for it!
6. Jaune.....Jardin des Plantes....note to self: do a post on this garden soon....was in terrible trouble here for standing on the grass!
7. Jaune....Monet's Jardin....a master at capturing "look at moi" colour
8. Jaune......outside our apartment....it was pint sized and ever so cute!
9. Jaune....London...another cutey! I wonder if they have these in Australia?
10. Reflected jaune....rue de Vieille du Temple last night....had a wonderful day just exploring this street...art galleries, book shops, little wine bars, bistros, jewel box hotels, beautiful fashion etc etc.
11. Smiley jaune.....corner of rue des Martyrs and rue de Navarin....a favourite resting spot.
Hope you're smiling! A bientot.
You may also like my posts on: