Saturday 4 August 2012

Summer Dahlias

Having spied this little burst of sunshine in a quiet rue in Saint Georges......
I decided to drop by the local fleuriste, Even, on rue Notre-Dame de Lorette.

So happy I did because the dahlias had arrived!!
Margaux and Odette, who oversee everything at Even's, thought I'd like the summer dahlias....they were right.
The pink tinged dahlias were lovely...
But the orange dahlias were like a burst of sunshine....
And the grape sooooo delicious...
And this was my gift....merci beaucoup Even....you know the way to a girl's heart!!
 Couldn't resist a sketch or two....here's my little bouquet.
I'm off to a workshop in the  Luxembourg Gardens this afternoon for more sketching and painting.

Maybe not dahlias.....but perhaps some of that gorgeous green foliage, or perhaps a pink geranium...maybe even one of those typical Parisian green garden chairs that are scattered throughout Jardin du Luxembourg.  It's a beautiful garden...my favourite in Paris...so I'm sure I'll find something perfect.


A bientôt!

You may also like my post on:
http://parisallons-y.blogspot.fr/2012/07/rendez-vous-with-frederic.html



14 comments:

  1. In Brisbane dying with jealousy! Love the French bulldogs snaps, we have our own white one! Beautiful line drawings, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Margaux and Odette are soooo cute. Such a sweet comment about my dahlias...merci beaucoup (again).

      Delete
  2. You know how I love those green chairs :-). You are such a talent, I love your hand tinted dahlia sketches, simply beautiful. This must be turning into one of the best years of your life. I love the little glimpse into your salon, with hubby sitting in the background reading whilst you are busying yourself with the flowers, just delightful.
    Enjoy every precious moment.
    Di
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit Di that we're very fortunate (and thankful) to be having such a wonderful year. A bientot.

      Delete
  3. Margaux and Odette are so talented. I'm not so sure how they arrange flowers with those little hands but Margaux's necklace is just so priddy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salut Paul....those two girls really know how to use their feminine wiles!!! Like your new portrait too! A bientot.

      Delete
  4. In love with your flower choice, and so smitten with what you've done with them! Those dahlias are just gorgeous. I shall have to track some down here in Sydney in the near future. :)
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the flowers in Sydney too Ronnie...do they still sell little bunches of violets?? So beautiful.

      Delete
  5. Hi there, found you via Pia Jane Bijkerk, and just love your dahlias and your beautiful sketches:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup Jane....I hope you enjoy snorkelling thru my blog!!!

      Delete
  6. Fantastic colours in the dahlias Robyn and I love how you've sketched them. Nice to see a snap of Pierre relaxing, say hello from us. Hope your workshop was enjoyable. Oh, and those pugs are just adorable. Jude

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salut Jude....the workshop was really fab...and I finished with a champers at La Rostand, a lovely little bistro just across the road from Jardin du Luxembourg. A lovely way to spend Saturday arvo in Gay Paree.

      Delete
  7. My, my, you have a lovely blog. These floral photos are wonderful, but even more impressive are your sketches. Simply beautiful, you are a very talented lady. I'm so happy that I found your blog. Have a marvelous day, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely compliment Connie....thank you so much. And I'm so happy that you've found my blog too...hope you continue to enjoy my adventures. A bientot.

      Delete